Thoughts about the 2020 U.S. Election

Recently, more and more news about election fraud emerged. I noticed that several statistical analyses of the election data showed the possibility of fraud (besides the whistleblowers and witnesses). Election integrity is the foundation of American Democracy. We have been trusting our election system for many years. However, the digital era made any fraud easy. It is not a partisan issue. These allegations need investigations because election fraud can affect any candidate in any party.


I am troubled to see that social media like Twitter and Facebook openly censored topics like the source of coronavirus, election fraud, and different opinions. So did most of the mainstream media. All of these reminded me of my personal experience in Communist China. I came to the U.S. in 1994, totally believed that the Tiananmen Massacre never happened. Since the Communist Party control all Chinese media, I only got fully-controlled news when I was in China.


During the past 21 years, I have been an activist for human rights in China, where a lawyer can "disappear" for defending religious followers as non-guilty (see Amnesty International case for Gao Zhisheng: https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2019/08/bravest-lawyer-china-gao-zhisheng/). At the same time, millions of Falun Gong practitioners and Uyghurs became "donors" of organ harvesting (http://www.stoporganharvesting.org/). I have worked with many refugees who recently escaped China, coming to the U.S. for freedom.


As a Chinese American, I know how Communism works and what the consequence will be. What we went through during the 2020 election is alarming!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Political

Falun Gong and Human Rights in China

The Story Behind A Wave Of Bans On TikTok